Welcome

Dave Child

Jul 6, 2008, 10:59:48 AM7/6/08
to added-bytes-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, and welcome to the Added Bytes Cheat Sheets group!

In case you'd not seen it yet, there's a quick overview of the cheat
sheet creation process at:

http://tinyurl.com/5tfdzz

This is rather rough for now, and I intend to improve it pretty
organically as time goes on.

To update you as to the status of current work:

* Python and Subversion cheat sheets and are currently in progress.
* V2 of MySQL and JavaScript are planned to follow that.
* JavaScript will probably be split into 3 distinct sheets: JS, AJAX
and JQuery (the last simply because of the huge number of votes its
got compared to the other requests).
* The Microformats cheat sheet has been updated to the new format, but
held back from release because I have some concerns about the content.
I'll post more about this once the Python and SVN cheat sheets are
done.

I'm going to give it a few days (to allow the group membership to
increase) before starting threads for the above, but any of you are of
course welcome to start discussions now on these future cheat sheets
or on improvements to existing ones. I'm especially interested in your
thoughts on content for the Python and SVN ones.

In order to allow people to filter and identify emails about cheat
sheets they're interested in, I suggest that people prefix their
emails related to a specific cheat sheet with its name, for example:

"[Python] Suggested Content for Python Cheat Sheet"

Regards,
Dave