Introducing Cheatography

Dave Child

Oct 11, 2011, 8:56:58 AM10/11/11
to Added Bytes Cheat Sheets, sup...@cheatography.com
Hello all!

It has been a very very long time since I posted to the group, and
almost as long since I posted a new cheat sheet on Added Bytes. Sorry
for the silence!

As some of you know, I've been working on a cheat sheet related
project for a few years. It's gone through a few incarnations, and has
sat on the back burner a few times. But finally, it's getting to the
stage where I can start to widen the audience. And where better to
start than with a group who have already shown that they are
interested in cheat sheet related news?

If you just want to dive right in and see what I'm talking about, head
over to:

http://www.cheatography.com/

Cheatography is a tool (free, of course) to enable you to build your
own cheat sheets either from your own content or by combining content
from other people. It's all free of course, and at the moment it's in
beta (which is a convenient way for me to excuse a few of the bugs
that remain).

All of the cheat sheets on Cheatography are in plain HTML. This has
some advantages - all cheat sheets now support images, video and
links! I would like to add PDF support (and more) later, but for now
will be sticking with plain HTML.

I've transcribed some of the cheat sheets from Added Bytes over to the
site (PHP, CSS, Python, JavaScript, SQL Server, HTML, HTML Character
Entities, mod_rewrite, MySQL, Regular Expressions) and have added a
few new ones - French, Kings and Queens of the UK and a Vimeo API
cheat sheet. More will shortly follow!

I'm emailing you to invite you to take a look at the site, hopefully
join up and maybe even contribute some content or cheat sheets.

I'd especially love to hear your feedback, suggestions etc, either on
this list or at sup...@cheatography.com or privately if you prefer at
da...@addedbytes.com.

I'm excited, because I've always wanted to find a way to let people
make their own cheat sheets quickly and easily, and I'm hoping that
Cheatography is able to do that.

All the best,
Dave

Levi Watts

Oct 11, 2011, 11:32:39 AM10/11/11
to Added Bytes Cheat Sheets
I look forward to using this tool that I have wanted for so long.
Thank you.