Feedback for the v0.34.0 release

Guilherme

Aug 8, 2020, 4:56:28 AM8/8/20
to add-on-budget-...@googlegroups.com
If you’re interested in participating, describe your issue or share your ideas.
  • Improved overall spreadsheet recalculation and loading time on open.
Read the complete announcement: Release Notes.

Adriana Martinez

Sep 10, 2020, 3:00:11 AM9/10/20
to Add-on Budget n Sheets Forum
please help. the stats for tags is only taking the first row i fill in for every month instead of all my transactions i'm inputting.

Guilherme

Sep 10, 2020, 7:01:16 PM9/10/20
to Add-on Budget n Sheets Forum
Hi Adriana

Please, see in the tab "Tags" if you marked the checkboxes in the "analytics" column. Also, please review the "blank value" rule that was introduced in version v0.33.0: https://www.budgetnsheets.com/release-notes#h.p_8H1Z9D6SYYi4. You can see examples in Add-ons > Budget n Sheets > More > Show quickstart > Blank value.

In short, make sure you don't have empty/blank cells between multiple transactions. If a cell is empty between two transactions, insert a value zero in it. See examples in the referred link.

Let me know how it goes.

Adriana Martinez

Sep 10, 2020, 8:18:20 PM9/10/20
to Add-on Budget n Sheets Forum
yup i made sure all the checkboxes in analytics were checked. in the month of may i noticed blanks between cells so i fixed that but its still only giving me the stats for tags for the first entry of every month. i havent used the program since may so i was updating june, july, etc and thats when i got this error. never had this problem before.

Guilherme

Sep 10, 2020, 8:26:57 PM9/10/20
to Add-on Budget n Sheets Forum
There was a bunch of updates since May. Is the add-on menu still accessible - tools, change settings, panels etc? Is everything else working as expected, like the balance and expenses showing correct values? What is the initial month of your spreadsheet?

You can delete the sheet Stats for Tags and re-import.

Adriana Martinez

Sep 10, 2020, 8:54:50 PM9/10/20
to Add-on Budget n Sheets Forum
everything is working correctly; cash flow, balances and expenses. i started this in march.

ok deleted stats for tags. how exactly do i re-import?

Guilherme

Sep 10, 2020, 9:13:13 PM9/10/20
to Add-on Budget n Sheets Forum
Try the following: for each sheet of a month, select the month and then click Add-ons > Budget n Sheets > More > Resume month. Plus, for each month sheet, re-check for blank cells between transactions. This should fix the issue with the Stats for Tags.

To re-import the Stats for Tags, click Add-ons > Budget n Sheets > Open panel > Cool Gallery and click "Import" for the Stats for Tags.

Adriana Martinez

Sep 10, 2020, 9:24:34 PM9/10/20
to Add-on Budget n Sheets Forum
yes i had done the resume month when i read about in the update prior to reaching out to you. double checked for blank cells. re-imported the stats for tags. however im still encountering the same issue. do you think it could be because january and february are blank?

Adriana Martinez

Sep 10, 2020, 9:30:14 PM9/10/20
to Add-on Budget n Sheets Forum
on my stats for tag page its pulling up #DIV/0 underneath total share. could this be where the problem is? i still dont understand why its only recording the first cell of each month for the stats for tags though. btw thank you for all this help! when i found this budget program it was so helpful and empowering to manage. hopefully we can work this out cuz i love this program

Guilherme

Sep 10, 2020, 10:03:04 PM9/10/20
to Add-on Budget n Sheets Forum
> do you think it could be because january and february are blank?

No, because they are independent. Jan and Feb are expected to be greyed out as well since they are before the initial month, and in that case they are not accounted in averages and totals.

> on my stats for tag page its pulling up #DIV/0 underneath total share.
Click Add-ons > Budget n Sheets > Change settings and simply click "Save".

> i still dont understand why its only recording the first cell of each month
What decimal separator does your spreadsheet use? Check if the values have the same decimal separator, and you don't need separator for the thousands.

Guilherme

Sep 10, 2020, 10:07:33 PM9/10/20
to Add-on Budget n Sheets Forum
And something else to try: Start a new budget sheet with the add-on and with the same settings for "financial year" and "initial month". Then you copy-paste the transactions from one or two months while using Ctrl + Shift + V (or  Command + Shift + V in Apple devices) to paste only the values. And import the Stats for Tags.

This troubleshooting is to funnel the cause of the issue.

Adriana Martinez

Sep 17, 2020, 3:49:19 PM9/17/20
to Add-on Budget n Sheets Forum
i just started a new one. thank you so much for all your help. really do love this program.

Guilherme

Sep 18, 2020, 7:34:58 AM9/18/20
to Add-on Budget n Sheets Forum
Hi Adriana

I hope you didn’t have too much trouble copying the that. The issue was really odd and it’s unfortunate we couldn’t figure out the root problem.

I really appreciate your feedback!

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
This conversation is locked