Data history not showing

Logan

Mar 30, 2024, 1:57:58 PMMar 30
to Adaptrade Builder
I have been trying to add 12-hour data format as history for MT4 builds but so far, it's not being read by Adaptrade. It's showing error. Anybody have any idea how to solve this?

Please see attachment.
EURUSD_5m_7days.csv
dataHistissue.jpg
dataHistissue2.jpg

Mike Bryant

Mar 30, 2024, 4:48:00 PMMar 30
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com

There’s a bug in the function for reading the time in 12-hour format (with a PM/AM symbol) when you select the custom format option on the Data Format window. I’ve corrected it for the next release, but in the meantime, there’s a work-around for your file format. If you open your csv file in Excel (or equivalent spreadsheet), you can select the time column, change the format to “time” and use the custom formatting option to change the format to 24-hour time. That will remove the AM/PM symbol and change the times to 24-hour format, which will allow Builder to read it properly. This only affects the reading when you need to use the custom formatting option, not the “use locale” option.

Mike Bryant

Adaptrade Software

Logan

Apr 22, 2024, 3:21:07 PMApr 22
to Adaptrade Builder
Okay, under strategy logic - trading logic options. It seems that we'll need it in 12-hour format otherwise the build generated shows all 0's. For now, I can't build with these settings.

Actually, during my recent builds I find that it leaves trade open past the weekend too, which is dangerous, so I really need to use the 12-hour if we need to restrict trade within a specified time only.

When will the new update be released? Is there no other workaround? I tried editing and changing inside Excel column like the spacing between AM/ PM and the number, i.e. or without semicolon either. Even then, 12-hour format is unreadable.

Has anybody here succeeded in changing the time column to 12-hour and get it uploaded to for generation building? Please share. Otherwise, I guess we'll need to wait ;((for now.

I don't know how it works if I was to subscribe to data feeds like IQ or kinetic. Will those 12 or 24 hours be readable, okay?

-Logan

MikeBryant

Apr 22, 2024, 3:40:53 PMApr 22
to Adaptrade Builder

If you’re using the same data the you showed before, I had no problem doing the fix in Excel. It reads fine. I don’t know what you’re referring to with strategy logic options. All I’m talking about is changing the format of the data, not how the program uses it. You just need to reformat it, as described below, so instead of, for example, “1:30 PM”, it shows in your file as “13:30”. That’s all. And this only pertains to data where you can’t use the “locale” option and where it’s in 12-hour format.

Mike Bryant
Adaptrade Software

Logan

Apr 23, 2024, 1:16:11 PMApr 23
to Adaptrade Builder
Sorry, should have shared proper attachment me.

Yes, I am able to upload 24-hour time data. However, doing so, means the build settings for trading time, under the Strategy logic - trading options doesn't seem to work. See attachments.

The build is all 0 when I check this and works if I uncheck these options. I wonder how I can restrict trading within a specified time with 24-hour data. Please help.

-Logan
dataUploadBy24hoursForBuild.jpg
UncheckTimeOption.jpg
StratLogicTimeSettingsForBuild.jpg
dataUploadBy24hours.jpg

MikeBryant

Apr 23, 2024, 2:27:33 PMApr 23
to Adaptrade Builder

That’s a completely different issue. It has nothing to do with how the “time” field in your data file is represented. If you look as the code produced when you select the option to limit the entry times, you can see that the first time has to prior to the last time. In other words, the times have to be on the same day; you can’t cross days. You’ve selected the second time earlier than the last time (because the second time is on the next day), so there are no trades. It doesn’t work for that case. You could try developing two different strategies. The first one would allow entries from 1:00 pm to midnight (say, 11:59 pm), and the second one would allow entries from 12:00 am to 1:00 am.

Mike Bryant
Adaptrade Software