Forex Lots in MultiCharts

rome luc

Feb 14, 2014, 4:53:02 AM2/14/14
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com

I wasn't able to get the lots sizes to match. In builder 1000 contracts is 0.01 lots -- I checked form trade results. But when I paste the output code into Multicharts, the backtest thinks it is 1000 lots.
To trade 1 microlot, i have to enter $1000 as the quantity in Multicharts -- so I know it is possible. I tried to modify the code by changing
        PSParam (1000.00),
        RoundPS (false),
        RoundTo (0),
        MinSize (1000),
        SizeLimit (1000);
        PSParam (1),
        RoundPS (false),
        RoundTo (0),
        MinSize (1),
        SizeLimit (1);

Since the strategy I'm testing uses fixed position size, now all the trades are 1 lots in MultiCharts.
The problem is that when change the values to 0.01 (microlot), I get no trades at all.

How do I trade a microlot? Could someone tell me please.

Michael R. Bryant

Feb 14, 2014, 3:13:13 PM2/14/14
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com

The contracts/shares in Builder is the number of shares for MT4, and there are 100,000 shares per full-size lot. That’s why 1000 shares is 0.01 lots (1000 shares/100,000 shares per lot). You can see this in the code generated by Builder, which includes the following variable:

double SharesPerLot = 100000;

Provided you don’t change that, and you keep the PSParam at 1000, you should get 0.01 lots in MT4. You should also have a point value of 1.0 in Builder to make everything consistent. The user’s guide provides the specifics of the settings required for forex.

Mike Bryant

Subject: Forex Lots in MultiCharts

Fadi Al Khoury

Feb 15, 2014, 7:09:03 AM2/15/14
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com
I wasn't asking about MT4 -- not sure what you are asking me to do.

double SharesPerLot = 100000;

Variables aren't declared this way in Easy language. I don't have SharesPerLot in the code.

Michael R. Bryant

Feb 15, 2014, 1:26:23 PM2/15/14
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com

Sorry. Thought you were referring to MT4. The vast majority of forex users of Builder are MT4 users. In MultiCharts, it should be the same as in TradeStation. The settings are the same as in Builder. You trade in shares, not lots. If you want a lot size of 1000 shares, you trade 1000 shares, not 0.01 lots. The point value should be 1, and the position size 1000. Nothing more than that.

Mike Bryant

Subject: Re: Forex Lots in MultiCharts

I wasn't asking about MT4 -- not sure what you are asking me to do.