Strategy sharing subgroup?

D G

Nov 17, 2023, 12:35:48 PM11/17/23
to Adaptrade Builder
Howdy all. Anyone interested in a Google [sub]group for sharing strategy code?

There's more utility in sharing than in hoarding (for retail traders).

Not sure if google groups can handle subgroups (Mike?), but if there's substantial interest in the Adaptrade group, it might have benefit.

dg

Tony Holland

Nov 17, 2023, 1:34:09 PM11/17/23
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com
I would be interested
Tony

Tony Holland

zumran hamid

Nov 17, 2023, 1:55:56 PM11/17/23
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com

Mike Bryant

Nov 17, 2023, 2:03:11 PM11/17/23
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com

Subgroups are not supported, but I could create a separate group. However, would it be better to create a new group or just use the current group for code sharing? Is it necessary to have a separate group for this?

Mike Bryant

Adaptrade Software

Tony Holland

Nov 17, 2023, 2:08:19 PM11/17/23
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com
There might be some that don't want to be in a group that shares strat.
I set up a slack channel a few years ago to try this and it dwindled to mainly just me after a few months.
The channel was geared toward adaptatrade mainly ideas and strats
I prefer slack to google but am open to anything
Tony

Tony Holland

Bud Foxx

Nov 17, 2023, 6:22:04 PM11/17/23
to Adaptrade Builder
oh yeah
sign me up

MikeBryant

Nov 17, 2023, 6:56:47 PM11/17/23
to Adaptrade Builder
Since it’s not possible to create a sub-group within the current system, I think this is something I’d rather leave up to those interested in doing it.

Mike Bryant

Adaptrade Software

Amador Caminero

Nov 18, 2023, 4:29:36 AM11/18/23
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com
yes I want

Amod Karve (अमोद)

Nov 18, 2023, 12:44:24 PM11/18/23
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com

AndrewB

Nov 18, 2023, 12:44:28 PM11/18/23
to Adaptrade Builder
Me too

matt n

Nov 18, 2023, 12:44:33 PM11/18/23
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com
Interesting concept.

“There's more utility in sharing than in hoarding (for retail traders).”

Is there, though?  If you had a profitable strategy, would you maximize it?  Or would you share it with others so that it eventually became diluted and lost efficacy?

Not to start an ethical debate; I’m genuinely curious.

Matt

Hugh H

Nov 18, 2023, 1:27:11 PM11/18/23
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com

Tony Holland

Nov 18, 2023, 2:29:05 PM11/18/23
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com
I think the amount of traders needed to dilute a strat would exceed whatever group we could create.
I also feel all strats fail over time so I am not worried about sharing.
I do have a few long term strategies that have performed well over the long term, but my short term strats all have a shelf life.

I think Mike's idea of building daily was an interesting idea that he published
Tony

On Sat, Nov 18, 2023 at 12:44 PM matt n <mattla...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Tony Holland

Gerald Morrison

Nov 18, 2023, 2:50:23 PM11/18/23
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com
I would consider starting a Discord channel. It's much easier to manage with subchannels and file sharing.

Gerald

rahanq

Nov 18, 2023, 3:06:08 PM11/18/23
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com
I’m in please

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Mike Bryant

Nov 18, 2023, 3:14:18 PM11/18/23
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com

Whatever group is started, I will be happy to promote it on the current Google group and in future newsletters.

Mike Bryant

Adaptrade Software

Tony Holland

Johan Jonsson - Agente Imóvel

Nov 19, 2023, 12:58:51 PM11/19/23
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

I really think that a discord group would be so much better. I just created one. Here is the invite link https://discord.gg/ycwapuDc

Johan Jonsson

CEO - Fundador

Av. Cidade Jardim, 377 - Itaim Bibi, São Paulo - SP, 01453-900

Tel: (11) 99926-0051

MikeBryant

Nov 19, 2023, 2:14:05 PM11/19/23
to Adaptrade Builder

I think this is a great idea. I hope many of you will join. For what it's worth, I agree with the opinion that it’s very difficult to get enough traders to follow a specific strategy to impair its performance. There are so many traders and so many different approaches to trading that it's unlikely in my view that you could get enough people following your strategy to affect its performance. Also, I suspect most traders who use a build-it-yourself tool like Builder would rather develop and follow their own ideas, but seeing what others are doing is always worthwhile.

I once read a comment by a well-known start-up founder – I don’t recall who it was – who said that many entrepreneurs are so protective of their business ideas and technologies that they’re afraid to tell anyone else for fear that person will steal their idea. The real risk, he pointed out, is that no one will pay attention or care about what you’re doing.

 Mike Bryant

Adaptrade Software

Rich Sternal

Nov 19, 2023, 4:33:02 PM11/19/23
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com
please put me on the list.

Mohit Gupta

Nov 23, 2023, 1:38:49 PM11/23/23
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com, m...@breakoutfutures.com
When i load a gpstrat project shared by a friend in AdaptBuilder nothing shows up, everything is empty. How can i see the strategies in this project

image.png

furytrader

Nov 26, 2023, 1:05:49 PM11/26/23
to Adaptrade Builder
Can someone re-post the invitation to the discord discussion group?

Johan Jonsson - Agente Imóvel

Nov 26, 2023, 3:33:39 PM11/26/23
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com

Kevin K

Dec 8, 2023, 2:43:12 PM12/8/23
to Adaptrade Builder
whats the discord link again  showing expired

Johan Jonsson - Agente Imóvel

Dec 11, 2023, 1:24:43 PM12/11/23
to adaptrad...@googlegroups.com
Here goes a new, non expiring, invite link https://discord.gg/p7dpSTnSU2