GANT - Groovy based build system

Parag Shah

Dec 26, 2008, 8:10:29 AM12/26/08
to adaptive...@googlegroups.com
I recently came across this Groovy based build system called GANT.

It is similar to ANT, but without the XML. It actually uses Groovy to create the build scripts. I remember having written some conditional logic in ANT, and it felt very awkward. Perhaps such things might be much simpler when we use Groovy. Also even though I have not used the system, I think it might be easier to use a dynamic language to create a build script as compared to using XML.

I am going to check this out...

Has anyone who has used this system have any opinion on it?

--
Thanks & Regards
Parag Shah