Learning Adobe Flex

Aditi

Jul 28, 2007, 11:51:19 AM7/28/07
to Adaptive Learning
Hi Everyone,

I have just came across the term "Rich Internet Application" ,
popularly know as RIA.
The concept was first introduced by Macromedia and since then there
has beenno looking back. RIA gave a new dimension to end user
experience , introducing the concept of "desktop application" in
traditional software applications.
It aims to drastically cut down the response time and make the
application more user friendly.
Some of the popular technologies which support this are AJAX( used in
Google Maps),Google Web Toolkit, Adobe Flex...
I am evaluating Adobe Flex which is a development kit for RIA based on
the flash platform.
I have just started the task and would be posting details of the same
as i go forward.
Any comments on Flex/RIA will be highly appreciated :) .

Thanks,
Aditi

Sanket Daru

Jul 30, 2007, 12:49:41 AM7/30/07
to adaptive...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aditi,
Well if you are looking into RIA, I suggest that you also check out JavaFX... It was unveiled in the recently concluded Sun One conference. Its Java's answer to Adobe Flex... It's an emerging technology as far as Sun is concerned but because it comes from Sun, the industry is paying a lot of attention to it.

Regards,
Sanket Daru.

Parag Shah

Jul 30, 2007, 1:09:09 AM7/30/07
to adaptive...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aditi,

I look forward to reading your posts on Flex.  Infact I may have to evaluate it for some stuff later.

--
Regards
Parag