Re: 1 new message in 1 topic - digest

Raj Saini

Jul 30, 2007, 12:31:23 AM7/30/07
to adaptive-learning group, adaptive-learning digest subscribers
Aditi,

I personally do not like any thing on web which needs a third party
plug-in. That was the problem with applets in the past and Flex works on
the same concept. Any AJAX tool kit is better than proprietary Flex
Plug-in based AJAX.

Have a look on Eclipse RAP (http://www.eclipse.org/rap/). It is very
promising.

Thanks,

Raj

adaptive-learning group wrote:

> Adaptive Learning
> http://groups.google.com/group/adaptive-learning?hl=en
>
> adaptive...@googlegroups.com
>
> Today's topics:
>
> * Learning Adobe Flex - 1 messages, 1 author
> http://groups.google.com/group/adaptive-learning/browse_thread/thread/7a7a2185b6b48c92?hl=en

> TOPIC: Learning Adobe Flex
> http://groups.google.com/group/adaptive-learning/browse_thread/thread/7a7a2185b6b48c92?hl=en
>
> == 1 of 1 ==
> Date: Sat, Jul 28 2007 8:51 am
> From: Aditi
>

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have just came across the term "Rich Internet Application" ,
> popularly know as RIA.
> The concept was first introduced by Macromedia and since then there
> has beenno looking back. RIA gave a new dimension to end user
> experience , introducing the concept of "desktop application" in
> traditional software applications.
> It aims to drastically cut down the response time and make the
> application more user friendly.
> Some of the popular technologies which support this are AJAX( used in
> Google Maps),Google Web Toolkit, Adobe Flex...
> I am evaluating Adobe Flex which is a development kit for RIA based on
> the flash platform.
> I have just started the task and would be posting details of the same
> as i go forward.
> Any comments on Flex/RIA will be highly appreciated :) .
>
> Thanks,
> Aditi

> To change the way you get mail from this group, visit:
> http://groups.google.com/group/adaptive-learning/subscribe?hl=en
>
> To report abuse, send email explaining the problem to ab...@googlegroups.com

> Google Groups: http://groups.google.com?hl=en

Parag Shah

Jul 30, 2007, 1:15:13 AM7/30/07
to adaptive...@googlegroups.com
I personally  do not like any thing on web which needs a third party
plug-in. That was the problem with applets in the past and Flex works on
the same concept. Any AJAX tool kit is better than proprietary Flex
Plug-in based AJAX.

Have a look on Eclipse RAP (http://www.eclipse.org/rap/). It is very
promising.

Thanks,

Raj

Hi Raj,

Good to hear from you after such a long time :-) Does Eclipse RAP output Javascript like GWT? Can I bundle an Eclipse RAP solution as a component? Something like JSF?

--
Regards
Parag