best database

manu

May 23, 2008, 2:45:42 AM5/23/08
to Adaptive Learning
which will be the suitable database for the CMS : oracle/sybase/
others
currently they are using the sybase database.

for personal computer with very little information which is not very
senstive what do you recomend ,
should we use the MS SQL/ Access or some other database pls consider
the cost factor. the same database is to be used in more than 7000
computers. also let me know the compatibility issues.

Sanket Daru

May 23, 2008, 3:19:02 AM5/23/08
to adaptive...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manu,
Did you consider the open source space? MySQL is a good option if you are looking out to minimize the cost factor (its free) and a solid, stable RDBMS system. MySQL is available for all widely used platform types with connectors for all popular languages... Give it a shot, do a feasibility study as per your specific requirements and do let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,
Sanket Daru.

Parag Shah

May 23, 2008, 11:24:52 AM5/23/08