Being adaptive in humanitarian response - 8th September at 2pm (BST)

Grainne Kilcullen

Aug 17, 2022, 10:38:45 AMAug 17
to adap...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I wanted to share an invitation to a webinar we are organising on the 8th September at 2pm (BST). Please do join us and share with your colleagues and networks.

Gráinne

Public panel discussion and Q&A on being innovative and adaptive in humanitarian response - from both an organisational and programme perspective.

Date: Thursday 8th September

Time: 2.00pm-3.30pm

Registration:

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/being-adaptive-in-humanitarian-response-tickets-401135054747

About this Event

In 2021, 306 million people were estimated to be in need of humanitarian assistance, which has continued to increase since 2019. This alongside the high levels of conflict around the world (the highest since WW II according to the UN) and protracted conflict requires humanitarian response to be more innovative and flexible. In A Better World, Ireland recognises that humanitarian needs are non-linear and constantly changing. Therefore, we need a commitment by organisations and donors to be adaptive.

This panel discussion on adaptive approaches in the humanitarian sector brings together experts from the International Rescue Committee, Goal in Syria, Concern in Sierra Leone to discuss the different ways their organisations and programmes are applying adaptive approaches to be more strategic and effective in their work.

Panellists:

Kasem Hijazy, Syria, GOAL

Emilie Swalens, Concern, Sierra Leone

Laurence Leclercq, International Rescue Committee

Webinar Flyer - DSAI.pdf