Natural-hazard symposium for Indian Himalayas" October 25 to October 28, 2021

Ankit Agarwal

Sep 28, 2021, 2:55:40 PM9/28/21
to Adaptive Development | #AdaptDev

Dear All,

We at the Department of Hydrology is planning a “Natural-hazard symposium for Indian Himalayas" from October 25 to October 28, 2021, in partnership with the Institute for Environmental Sciences and Geography, University of Potsdam.

 “Natural-hazard symposium for Indian Himalaya 2021" aims to create awareness on multiple research perspectives across natural hazards domains for the Indian Himalayan region.

 At the symposium, through the sessions, we aim to discuss the current research directions and challenges and engage with different stakeholders i.e. practitioners, scientists and the younger generation entering this field. Our broad intention is to create a dialogue among the practitioners and researchers active in the Himalayan region to provide recommendations for future research of natural-hazard domains. The Symposium also focus on developing new skills for early career researchers through hands-on training on models and tools.

The tentative detailed agenda and flyer are available on our website.

https://ir.iitr.ac.in/NSIH2021/index.php

We strongly believe that your presence will strengthen our efforts to create awareness on multiple research perspectives across natural hazards domains for the Indian Himalayan region. We request you to kindly share the announcement with your colleagues and students.

 We are looking forward to hearing from you.

 NSIH Team

Dr Ankit Agarwal, Assistant Professor
Department of Hydrology, IIT Roorkee
Visiting Scientist at GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences

NSIH Broucher with dept logo.pdf