Invite | Webinar series | Lessons from the past 20 years of governance programmes in Nigeria

p.abis

Sep 21, 2021, 7:28:14 AM9/21/21
to Adaptive Development | #AdaptDev
Dear AdaptDev community,

On behalf of the Partnership to Engage, Reform and Learn (PERL), a governance programme in Nigeria funded by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), I'd like to invite you to join our upcoming webinar series, where we will have the unique opportunity to share findings from our research on the impact of 20 years of UK governance programmes in Nigeria on core governance reforms and service delivery improvements, as well as on Thinking and Working Politically (TWP).

For those not familiar with the programme, PERL aims to bring together governments and citizens groups at both the federal and the state level to address governance challenges associated with service delivery. PERL is an ambitious and innovative initiative because it builds on lessons that have emerged over the past two decades on how governance reforms can be supported more effectively through ways of working that are intended to be more politically aware, better tailored to contextual realities, and anchored in adaptation and learning.

If you'd like to learn more, please register to our three webinars (all free of charge):

1)    “How does governance reform happen? Lessons from Nigeria”, taking place on Tuesday 05 October at 14:00 – 15:30 (Abuja/London): https://odi.org/en/events/how-does-governance-reform-happen-lessons-from-nigeria/, where we will look at what impact 20 years of UK governance programming has had on governance and service delivery outcomes, sharing lessons for other governance donors and practitioners;

2)    “Working politically in practice: Lessons from Nigeria”, taking place on Tuesday 12 October at 14:00 – 15:30 (Abuja/London): https://odi.org/en/events/working-politically-in-practice-lessons-from-nigeria/, where we will explore how donors can support learning and adaptation more effectively in programme design and implementation

3)    “Does better governance lead to improved health and education? Lessons from Nigeria”, taking place on Tuesday 19 October at 14:00 – 15:30 (Abuja/London): https://odi.org/en/events/better-governance-for-improved-health-and-education-lessons-from-nigeria/, where we will examine whether and how reforms to state-level policy, planning and budgeting, accompanied by greater civil society engagement, have contributed to improvements in health and education systems.

 During the webinars we will ask:

  • How can governance reforms be supported more effectively, including in terms of bringing more closely together the ‘demand’ side (citizen voice) with the ‘supply’ side (state capacity, accountability, and responsiveness)?
  • Is governance linked to improved services, and, if so, how?
  • How can international development actors think in more politically aware ways and design and implement complex reform programmes that are anchored in learning and adaptation?
  • What lessons and implications emerge from this research to inform more effective international development policy and practice?

To register, please visit the individual event pages and click on the “register now” button – and we very much hope you will join us for all three.

Please feel free to share this invitation with other colleagues you think may be interested. And if you have any questions on the series, or on the registration process, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm regards,

Paola Abis

Senior Communications Officer (Governance, Innovation and Learning)
Politics and Governance
ODI

E-mailp.a...@odi.org.uk