TWP Tips help sought

David Jacobstein

Feb 28, 2022, 11:00:43 AM2/28/22
to Adaptive Development | #AdaptDev, TWP.Learning
Hi all,

As many of you likely know, the USAID Context-Driven Adaptation Tips are crowd-sourced from examples given by Mission staff and partners. We are looking to add to our tips collection around some topics that have been of interest in support conversations lately, and I wanted to ask these learning communities, if you have relevant examples, to please share it with me (no need to reply all unless you also want to share with the whole list). Specifically, we'd like to put together tips on:
  • Context-adaptive workplans or Activity M&E Plans
  • Effective use of inception phases
  • Building context-driven adaptation or TWP questions into Pause and Reflect moments
If you have specific examples or tips to share about these, please let me know. Thanks!

Best,

David

P.S. For those with a scholarly bent, I also wanted to alert folks to an interesting opportunity for academic publications looking at the Political Economy of Development and public policy, including "manuscripts that focus on developing country public service provision, bureaucratic performance, foreign aid, citizen-state relations, gender disparities, internal migration, and urbanization although we are open to all areas."

David Jacobstein

DCHA/DRG Policy, Coordination and Integration Team

United States Agency for International Development

T: (202) 712-1469

djaco...@usaid.gov

Context-Driven Adaptation Collection:

Ann Hendrix-Jenkins

Oct 20, 2022, 8:28:28 AM10/20/22
to Adaptive Development | #AdaptDev, TWP.Learning
Localization, in spirit, should be about many things, including language, and thinking, and mental models of not just individuals, but as importantly, organizations. A powerful platform for decolonization.

Here's a link to a short article I published that considers localization from the community-led development point of view.

Values — not funding — should be driving the “localization” discourse in international development

"As we dig deep to recognize our own biases, we need to imagine new ways of conceptualizing ourselves — all of us involved — as equals, and partners. We need to keep rooting out racism and colonialism woven into our language, our organizational structures, our concepts of “partnering,” and much more. This applies not just to individuals, but more powerfully, to all organizations involved."

Warm regards,
Ann Hendrix-Jenkins
Takoma Park, Maryland