Event: Thinking Politically about Health Systems Resilience in the context of COVID-19

Katherine Hellier

Feb 7, 2022, 5:22:20 AM2/7/22
to Adaptive Development | #AdaptDev

Dear All,

I would like to invite you to the first event in the Thinking and Working Politically Global Webinar Series 2022; ‘Thinking Politically about Health Systems Resilience in the Context of COVID-19’ on Thursday 17th February, 14:00-15:30pm (GMT)

Our colleague Gareth Williams from The Policy Practice has taken the lead on organising this event, in collaboration with DAI. The event will examine how domestic political processes have affected the resilience of health systems and explore how the governance issues shaping the international response to COVID-19 have helped or hindered country level efforts to build resilient and effective health systems.

Gareth has organised an excellent line-up so far including:

1.       Mahesh Sharma, Health Systems consultant from Nepal

2.       Dr Omer Njajou, Tackling Deadly Diseases in Africa Project. Afrique contre les épidemies.

3.       Tumelo Assegai, University of Cape Town covering the South African story

4.       Speaker from Latin America (TBC)

I hope you are able to join us for this fascinating conversation – you can register by clicking on the link above, and please do share this event with those in your network who may be interested.

Look forward to seeing you there,

Katherine Hellier

Project and Communications Officer, Thinking and Working Politically Community of Practice (TWP CoP)

Governance and Social Development Research Centre

University of Birmingham