Re: DJ's Week of June 1st

Orion Farr

Jun 4, 2013, 9:26:30 AM6/4/13
to adaplangand...@googlegroups.com

http://www.nme.com/news/slayer/70129

The Westboro Baptist Church has announced that they plan to protest
the funeral of Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman. Since the announcement,
many Slayer fans have begun organising a counter picket to drown out
the controversial religious organisation, with some suggesting arming
themselves with red-paint-filled water balloons to throw at the group.
Jeff Hanneman's funeral arrangements are yet to be made. Hanneman,
aged just 49, died from liver failure in a California hospital on the
morning of May 2.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/08/world/middleeast/syria-golan-heights-united-nations.html?_r=0

 Russia and the United States announced on Tuesday that they would
seek to convene an international conference aimed at ending the civil
war in Syria, jointly intensifying their diplomatic pressure on the
combatants to peacefully settle a conflict that has taken more than
70,000 lives and left millions displaced and desperate. Mr. Kerry’s
visit also came as Washington has talked more and more about
intervening in the conflict. The effort to seek a diplomatic solution
with the Russians suggested the Obama administration at least wanted
to make a public push in that direction first. Mr. Kerry said both
Russia and the United States wanted to hold the conference “as soon as
practical, possibly, hopefully as soon as the end of this month.”

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM, elizabeth.smith.24 <elizabeth...@me.com> wrote:
These photos are beautiful and all show off the beauty of nature in gorgeous ways. I highly suggest that you look through a few, if not them all. My favorite would have to be the one of the zebras because of the textures, patterns, and they way that the black and white makes the photo that much more interesting. I'm also a big fan in of the third photo as I love the way the arch draws your eyes across the page.

http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photos/best-pod-april-2013/#/mesa-arch-canyonlands_65569_600x450.jpg

I'm not going to lie, this is a pretty funny goof, although I'm pretty sure someone had to look at the teapot for awhile before the saw Hitler. Sure, once its pointed out it's pretty obvious, but I certainly had to stare at it for a few minutes before I saw the dictator. My favorite part of the article is not necessarily the subject, but the company's tweet... “If we had designed it to look like something, we would have gone with a snowman or something fun :) ." The smiley face defiantly makes it. Anyways, JCPenny did do the right thing in deciding to remove the tea pot from their website as I could see how it may offend some people, but this is another great example of how overly sensitive people can be (I'm not saying that the Hitler isn't a sensitive subject, just that it takes a lot to relate the two.)

Read more: http://business.time.com/2013/05/29/jcpenneys-hitler-tea-kettle-sells-out-online/#ixzz2VBk6gm9e