Is Mass Deportation the Answer to America's Problems?

1 view

adam loumeau

Oct 23, 2017, 7:04:38 PM10/23/17
to Adam's discussions, Wendy Loumeau, andre....@gmail.com
This conservative columnist makes a very compelling case for why mass deportation would fix America

Eric Loumeau

Oct 23, 2017, 7:21:50 PM10/23/17
to adams-discussions, Wendy Loumeau, andre....@gmail.com
Interesting stats

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 4:04 PM, adam loumeau <adaml...@gmail.com> wrote:
This conservative columnist makes a very compelling case for why mass deportation would fix America

vivian.branner

Oct 24, 2017, 1:08:03 AM10/24/17
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com, Wendy Loumeau, andre....@gmail.com
Interesting take.  I agree in many ways.  I wonder what the stats on receiving cover ment aide?  And on HS graduation rates and gang participation.  I'm thinking mostly of the Hispanic populatuin.

This conservative columnist makes a very compelling case for why mass deportation would fix America

adam loumeau

Oct 24, 2017, 3:35:04 AM10/24/17
to Adam's discussions, Wendy Loumeau, andre....@gmail.com
Good points Vivian.  I wonder the same thing.

adam loumeau

Oct 24, 2017, 10:39:08 AM10/24/17
to Andre Loumeau, Adam's discussions, Wendy Loumeau
Really good points Andre! I don't necessarily disagree with what you said. I would also like to point out that Asians coming to this country probably significantly boost some of the immigration statistics, particularly legal immigration.

The one thing I appreciate about this article is it illustrates the need to dig into these issues because they are complex. Regardless of your feelings about the numbers in this column, even lazier and less honest arguments about immigration are made all the time without the audience even blinking.

On Tuesday, October 24, 2017, Andre Loumeau <andre....@gmail.com> wrote:
This article is insanely hypocritical. The African American population is by far and away the group that brings down the non-immigrant statistics. The same liberals who want to rag on "Americans" as a whole, would never put the spotlight on the fact that groups like African Americans and Native Americans severely hinder the "numbers" referred to. And who is largely responsible for the degradation of these sub-groups of society? Ding Ding Ding! You guessed it. Big Government and social welfare.

Bret Stephens is a self proclaimed conservative whose politics are middle of the road or, at times, independent. But the err is the same. You can't expect me to respect your opinion when you leave out glaring pieces of the puzzle.

All that being said, I agree that immigration is one of the pillars of America. The author makes a lot of good points but again he does a very poor job being unbiased. He uses facts about immigrants that jostle back and forth between referring to illegal immigrants and all immigrants - there is a huge difference!