African Charity - Opportunity to donate to a neat cause

Matthew Cuff

Nov 2, 2018, 1:07:13 AM11/2/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com
Hello Extended Family!

I'd like to invite you to consider donating to a neat cause and spreading the word via email and social media.

I have been helping to get this GoFundMe campaign up and running to help raise funds for an African charity that helps orphans and poor children in the area of Dedza, Malawi.  My sister-in-law compiled a bunch of pictures and videos to create the video that I posted on YouTube and is posted on the GoFundMe page.

Joseph Kabvalo is the director of a non-profit there called Linungwi Trust Organization.  He's been running it for years, but it is tough to get the funds that are needed.  The government doesn't help much or at all.  And it is just a poor country and a poor area.

I've come to know Joseph pretty well over the last couple of months since he came to Michigan with trust in God that he would be able to raise funds for this cause.  I am grateful to have met him. He is a very kind-hearted man and has gone through a lot to get to the US to try and raise funds for this charity. I am happy to contribute! And I am anxious for him to reach is fundraising goal and be able to return home soon to his wife and three sons.

So spread the word.  And donate if you feel so inclined.

Thanks!
Matthew

Matthew Cuff

Nov 2, 2018, 12:58:06 PM11/2/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I just wanted to clarify that my email below is not something that I am just forwarding on to you.  I typed it up myself.  I actually created the GoFundMe page for him.  This is a man that I am familiar with and who I trust, and I feel confident recommending his charity work to you for your support.

I, like you, was naturally cautious at first.  I thought about it a lot before putting myself out there and inviting others.  But I've gotten to know Joseph pretty well and feel confident in recommending him and his charity work to you.

It is a small non-profit group that primarily does work in or around his village.

Matthew

vivian.branner

Nov 2, 2018, 1:15:51 PM11/2/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, honey.  Looks like a worthy cause.  Made a donation.

vivian.branner

Nov 2, 2018, 1:16:18 PM11/2/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com
How did you meet him?

Nov 2, 2018, 2:17:03 PM11/2/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for making us aware of this. Donated 😍

Sent from my iPad

Matthew Cuff

Nov 3, 2018, 12:16:04 AM11/3/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com
Cool story, but kind of long.  He sacrificed a lot to get here and feels like this was God’s plan for him. One neat thing though is that he decided to be baptized and asked me to baptize him. And now he just went to the temple for the first time last night and loved it.

Matthew

vivian.branner

Nov 3, 2018, 10:05:54 AM11/3/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com
Wow.  You'll have to tell us the whole story when we are there.