This Is Such a Cool Ranking System For Universities

adam loumeau

Oct 20, 2017, 1:25:33 AM10/20/17
to Adam's discussions, Wendy Loumeau, andre....@gmail.com
Until the Heterodox Academy came along, there was no way for prospective college students to have any idea how well a university they are applying to is doing in promoting the free exchange of ideas and the unbiased pursuit of truth (basically, the opposite of politically correct tyranny).  This is kind of, you know, extremely important to figure out before committing to a university for 4 years.  But thanks to this website, you can easily look up a ranking of the top 150 universities (BYU gets unfairly excluded but what can you do) to find out how well they are doing promoting actual free speech and actual pursuit of truth.  I think you'll find some of the results surprising.

Marie Loumeau

Oct 20, 2017, 1:10:39 PM10/20/17
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com, Wendy Loumeau, andre....@gmail.com
This is awesome!!  At least university of Utah made it on there. I thought the Texas universities would have done better. Shocked at the #1 university on the top 150 list. Quite a surprise.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 19, 2017, at 10:25 PM, adam loumeau <adaml...@gmail.com> wrote:

Until the Heterodox Academy came along, there was no way for prospective college students to have any idea how well a university they are applying to is doing in promoting the free exchange of ideas and the unbiased pursuit of truth (basically, the opposite of politically correct tyranny).  This is kind of, you know, extremely important to figure out before committing to a university for 4 years.  But thanks to this website, you can easily look up a ranking of the top 150 universities (BYU gets unfairly excluded but what can you do) to find out how well they are doing promoting actual free speech and actual pursuit of truth.  I think you'll find some of the results surprising.

adam loumeau

Oct 20, 2017, 1:35:46 PM10/20/17
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com, Wendy Loumeau, andre....@gmail.com
I'm not surprised at all by University of Chicago being #1 (Did you notice how much better they scored than the #2 school?). University of Chicago has long had a stellar reputation in this regard. Parents with Ivy League caliber HS students should be sending their kids to Chicago.

Marie Loumeau

Oct 20, 2017, 2:24:47 PM10/20/17
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com, Wendy Loumeau, andre....@gmail.com
I had no idea. Good to know.