Black Lives Matter Is Right

1 view

adam loumeau

Feb 5, 2018, 6:32:10 PM2/5/18
to Adam's discussions, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau

Eric Loumeau

Feb 5, 2018, 6:42:19 PM2/5/18
to adams-discussions, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau
This is stupid.  First of all, last night wasn't a "white riot" (you don't think there were black people included in the rioting last night?).  And while I think the mayhem of a small fraction of the individuals celebrating last night was abhorrable (the vast majority of whom were undoubtedly very drunk), the impetus for the celebration was certainly a positive, happy event for the community -- not an angry, hateful agenda at all.

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 3:32 PM, adam loumeau <adaml...@gmail.com> wrote:

6uQTKQJz.html

adam loumeau

Feb 5, 2018, 6:52:06 PM2/5/18
to Adam's discussions, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau
First of all, not sure about the sketchy attachment you just sent everyone.  Second, this is not stupid.  The overwhelming majority of the rioters are white, which is why it's tolerated.

Furthermore, there is absolutely no excuse for rioting after a sports championship.  Being drunk doesn't mean you have no judgment whatsoever.  Cities have punted on cracking down against these types of riots because they don't want to throw a bunch of normally law abiding WHITE citizens in jail.

Eric Loumeau

Feb 5, 2018, 7:21:31 PM2/5/18
to adams-discussions, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau
Well, the attachment I tried to attach (which didn't work) is the only video I've seen of actual looting, and a majority of the looters in the video happened to be black.

And I didn't say I excused the small fraction of the rioters who were doing the damage/looting.

Monique

Feb 6, 2018, 2:25:04 AM2/6/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau

Monique

Feb 6, 2018, 2:48:16 AM2/6/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau
I need to clarify...this article was posted on a page that supports Rand, but it wasn’t written by him.

Best,
Monique Derr
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to adams-discussi...@googlegroups.com.

adam loumeau

Feb 6, 2018, 9:57:23 AM2/6/18
to Adam's discussions, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau
Amen!

Christopher Loumeau

Feb 6, 2018, 10:59:23 AM2/6/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau
I think there are some fairly massive differences between the two groups that warrant mentioning. For one, the Eagles fans weren't chanting hateful and violent speech (e.g. about killing cops). Second, the Eagles fans haven't been attacking/hurting people or cops. Third, its much more frightening to be in a group that is committing violence and vandalism out of rampant anger (often misplaced anger - most all of the cops were found to be innocent of wrong doing by a jury) vs doing it out of celebration for a team winning. All of this and the fact that plenty of African american Eagles fans participated in the rioting Sunday and yesterday. I really think this is a big big stretch you guys (Adam and Monique) are drawing.

adam loumeau

Feb 6, 2018, 12:19:06 PM2/6/18
to Adam's discussions, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau
No one is saying there aren't differences between the two situations.  Of course they are different.  Furthermore, no one is saying we should treat both situations the same.  We most certainly should not, for some of the reasons you mentioned.  The problem is that the two situations are treated in complete opposite manners.  THAT is where the racism comes in.  There is a lot of area that lies between treating the two situations the exact same and treating the two situations in almost complete polar opposite ways.

" often misplaced anger - most all of the cops were found to be innocent of wrong doing by a jury "

The cops are always found innocent regardless of the evidence against them.  The general population does not want to send cops to jail for violence against ethnic minorities, period.

Eric Loumeau

Feb 6, 2018, 1:22:42 PM2/6/18
to adams-discussions, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau
I agree with Christopher completely.

The problem, Adam, with this reasoning is that some people always compare apples to oranges and then come to extreme conclusions in order to push their agenda.  I'm happy to debate whether racism plays a role in how police treat Black Lives Matter protestors.  But to compare that situation to riots after a city wins its first ever Super Bowl is laughably ridiculous in my opinion.

Monique

Feb 6, 2018, 2:28:38 PM2/6/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau
What we are talking about here is negative labels, such as thugs. We arent talking about police response or interpretation of threat levels, we are simply talking about why it is that some people behaving a certain way based on injustice is thuggery, but people that behave in the exact same way for any other reason it’s completely acceptable. The answer is race.

The damage and violence Sunday night was insane-no news outlet used negative terminology. We aren’t just talking about police response.

Best,
Monique Derr
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to adams-discussi...@googlegroups.com.

Eric Loumeau

Feb 6, 2018, 2:33:04 PM2/6/18
to adams-discussions, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau
Well, I have to admit I don't listen to news much these days, just read the headlines online, so I'm not familiar with media using terminology such as "thugs" in their stories.

Monique

Feb 6, 2018, 2:36:51 PM2/6/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com
I watch and read the news way too much 🤦‍♀️

But it’s similar to a black perpetrator being a terrorist, thug, etc, and a white perpetrator (like mass shooter) being mentally ill. The difference in social rhetoric is shocking.

Best,
Monique Derr
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to adams-discussi...@googlegroups.com.

adam loumeau

Feb 6, 2018, 2:52:05 PM2/6/18
to Adam's discussions, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau
Very well said Monique!

Monique

Feb 6, 2018, 2:57:05 PM2/6/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau
Thanks dude.

The 13th is an extremely eye opening documentary that addresses in part what we are all discussing here; systemic racism as a whole in our society and through history (but mainly through the lens of the judicial system). It is SO good; so well made.

It does have liberal commentators like Van Jones, but big conservative voices like Newt and a well known conservative economist weigh in as well. I highly recommend it if any of you haven’t seen it. It’s on Netflix.

Best,
Monique Derr
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to adams-discussi...@googlegroups.com.

Christopher Loumeau

Feb 6, 2018, 3:01:58 PM2/6/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com
Monique, the reason the media weren't using those terms (I have to take your word for it here) is because of the massive differences here. We are comparing apples to tricycles here. So comparing the media reactions don't make sense at all. If a huge group of Moari people got together in NYC to perform the Haka, and afterwards they got so incredibly pumped up that it erupted into violence and they started destroying property, I imagine people would have a similar reaction to last night. The BLM movement is very strongly associated with hateful/violent rhetoric. They attack police! These differences (along with some others I mentioned) merit different descriptions from the media for obvious reasons.   And once again, there were plenty of black Eagles fans out in all of this craziness last night.

adam loumeau

Feb 6, 2018, 3:40:41 PM2/6/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com
I don’t agree with that example. First of all, I do not believe the media reaction would be the same if your example came to pass but we’ll have to agree to disagree on that.

The bigger issue is that we already knew there would be insane amounts of violence and destruction of property. If a city knew the Moari event would lead to the type of riots Philadelphia knew they were going to have, I absolutely guarantee 100% that the city would put the kabosh on the event before it even started. There is no way in hell this would fly.

For crying out loud, the mayor of the city sent out a tweat at like 3 in the morning saying everyone has had a great time but would the rioters pretty please stop now so we can all get some rest. It’s insane.

Christopher Loumeau

Feb 6, 2018, 4:18:40 PM2/6/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com
No one is questioning the sanity of what happened in Philly. It was insane. But the motives behind it and the context around it matter.... A LOT!. BLM violence was motivated by hate and anger (not saying the peaceful followers of BLM are motivated by this, but the violent ones certainly are). That is not the case with what happened in Philly. It would be appropriate to call the violent offenders associated with the BLM attacks/violence/vandalism as "thugs." It would be appropriate to call the perpetrators of vandalism and property destruction in Philly as "morons" or "idiots" but since their motivations were wildly different (along with several other elements that are wildly different I already mentioned) I see no reason to directly compare them or how the media portrays them.

Eric Loumeau

Feb 6, 2018, 4:24:17 PM2/6/18
to adams-discussions
I agree with one clarification.  While I wouldn't call the fans who got out of hand and climbed things that ended up breaking thugs, I personally would still call those who turned over cars and looted stores thugs.

Christopher Loumeau

Feb 6, 2018, 4:32:56 PM2/6/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com
Great clarification Eric. Totally agree