Why Do Liberals and Conservatives Think Differently?

adam loumeau

Feb 12, 2018, 9:44:59 PM2/12/18
to Adam's discussions, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau
This is a link to a Wikipedia page and not an article but as such, it's a very short read.  This link will skip the first half of the page for you and bring you to the Five Moral Foundations discovered by one of the greatest researchers of our time, Jonathan Haidt.  Take a brief look at these moral foundations and how they lead us to be liberals or conservatives.  These moral foundations are not a perfect reflection of who ends up in what camp but they are a very good indicator.

Marie Loumeau

Feb 12, 2018, 11:39:08 PM2/12/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau
I just got a very small intro on the subject.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 12, 2018, at 6:44 PM, adam loumeau <adaml...@gmail.com> wrote:

This is a link to a Wikipedia page and not an article but as such, it's a very short read.  This link will skip the first half of the page for you and bring you to the Five Moral Foundations discovered by one of the greatest researchers of our time, Jonathan Haidt.  Take a brief look at these moral foundations and how they lead us to be liberals or conservatives.  These moral foundations are not a perfect reflection of who ends up in what camp but they are a very good indicator.

adam loumeau

Feb 13, 2018, 12:03:26 AM2/13/18
to Adam's discussions, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau
Yeah it's not an article.  It's just a snippet on Wikipedia about the Five Moral Foundations and then talks about how liberals over value "Fairness" and "Care" and undervalue (compared to conservatives) "Loyalty", "Authority", and "Sanctity".  And then libertarians are their own offshoot and they value a hypothetical 6th category called "Liberty", which matters to them way more than anything else.

You're supposed to buy the book to get an in-depth breakdown with concrete examples, etc.  I just thought this snippet was kind of an interesting look at why liberals and conservatives think differently.  It's just one academic way of trying to quantify the differences in values between the two groups.  Does that make sense?

vivian.branner

Feb 13, 2018, 4:32:15 AM2/13/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau
Interesting, adam.  All value All of these, but it's in the prioritizing that we differ.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to adams-discussi...@googlegroups.com.

Marie Loumeau

Feb 13, 2018, 1:30:26 PM2/13/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com, Wendy Loumeau, Andre Loumeau
Got it. I would like read more on the subject.

Sent from my iPhone