Great Opinion Piece Written by a Non-Mormon (believe it or not)

Eric Loumeau

Feb 24, 2018, 2:56:08 PM2/24/18
to adams-discussions, Nicole Loumeau, Shari Loumeau

adam loumeau

Feb 24, 2018, 10:10:25 PM2/24/18
to Adam's discussions, Nicole Loumeau, Shari Loumeau
" You have to actually solve the social problems that give rise to so much of what government does and what it spends so much money on. "

I couldn't agree more (though I don't always agree with social conservatives regarding all of the proposed solutions).  We need to start fixing the family unit and to a lesser extent, we need to fix our communities.  There is a horrific plague of loneliness in this country that is leading to record levels of drug overdose deaths and mass shootings and Facebook induced suicides, you name it.  And that doesn't even cover the more mundane dysfunction that is mentioned in this article.  We have to put down the partisan pitchforks and come together as a nation......and reject those in the media who are all too willing to lie to us and divide us unnecessarily.

Christina Loumeau

Feb 24, 2018, 10:34:53 PM2/24/18
to adams-di...@googlegroups.com, Nicole Loumeau, Shari Loumeau
Love both your emails!

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to adams-discussi...@googlegroups.com.

Vivian Branner

Feb 25, 2018, 8:04:37 AM2/25/18
to Adam's discussions
We all agree with this.  But how can we start fixing the problem?  I hope to watch the next episode of this conversation on "The Next Revolution."  Do you begin with jobs?  educational opportunities?  morality?  Hard to fix something that is so broken.  And when our political leadership and the media are so amoral, what hope is there of infusing morality into our society.
Just read a book called "Hillbilly Elligy" that dealt with some of this.  Very interesting.

adam loumeau

Feb 25, 2018, 12:11:59 PM2/25/18
to Adam's discussions
Ooooh, I heard REALLY good things about Hillbilly Elegy!  Let us know what you learned from it!