Disable configuration editing?

Rick White

Apr 15, 2017, 4:21:47 PM4/15/17
to adagios
We'd like to switch from the native Nagios 4 UI to Adagios for the superior UI (searching for and performing actions against multiple services/hosts without relying on host/service-groups is amazing), but we manage the actual Nagios config via Puppet under the hood.  Thus, we don't actually want to permit any configuration editing from the Adagios UI.  Does Adagios have any sort of "responder-only" mode that allows the usual features to schedule downtime, disable/enable notifications, etc without permitting configuration editing?  I'm sure we can figure out how to just forbid the Adagios processes from doing this, but it be great if this was a first-class feature.

Páll Sigurðsson

Apr 17, 2017, 12:14:04 PM4/17/17
to adagios
Oah I had forgotten all about Adagios. Surprised that actually still runs on modern distros. I guess nagios hasn't changed much over the years.

Yeah you can disable configuration, see for how https://github.com/opinkerfi/adagios/wiki/Users-guide#access-control