okconfig install ssh agent - different Port

René Franzreb

Mar 31, 2015, 7:18:49 AM3/31/15
to ada...@googlegroups.com
hi,

i'm trying to use the okconfig ssh install script to setup the linux clients.
for the ssh connections i mostly use different ports than the default port 22.

is it possible, that the script uses another ssh port or maybe that it checks the ~/.ssh/config file for the connection parameters?

Páll Sigurðsson

Apr 4, 2015, 1:46:52 PM4/4/15
to ada...@googlegroups.com
It should be a trivial fix.

Can you file a bug on okconfig, https://github.com/opinkerfi/okconfig/issues ?

René Franzreb

Apr 7, 2015, 8:43:16 AM4/7/15
to ada...@googlegroups.com
Nice to hear, i will post a bug at github.

Shayne McCulloch

May 18, 2015, 7:58:22 AM5/18/15
to ada...@googlegroups.com
I ended up editing the okconfig file to allow for a different port you could probably edit the file better to provide a --port option however since all my servers run on a custom port i just hard coded it plus i'm no good at Python :-) - i'm not sure the check_tcp is required it was a very long time ago i did this.

hopefully this helps you get by until the bug is fixed - I call it a bug because changing the default port is a very common occurrence

okconfig install hostname --ssh --user username

/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/okconfig/__init__.py

if not install_method or install_method == '':
        if network_scan.check_tcp(remote_host, 1111, timeout=5):

if install_method == 'ssh':
        return install_nrpe(remote_host=remote_host, port=1111, username=username, password=password)

if not network_scan.check_tcp(remote_host, 1111, timeout=5):
        raise OKConfigError('Cannot reach remote_host on port 1111, aborting...')