CAF on webassembly

gry....@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2024, 12:25:15 PMFeb 20
to actor-framework
Is it possible to compile and run CAF for webassembly? And is it possible to use more than 1 core for computational tasks?

Dominik Charousset

Feb 21, 2024, 8:14:30 AMFeb 21
to actor-f...@googlegroups.com
> Is it possible to compile and run CAF for webassembly? And is it possible to use more than 1 core for computational tasks?

I haven’t heard of users compiling for WebAssembly yet. If you do give it shot, I’d be interested in hearing about the experiment, though!

gry....@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2024, 8:57:31 AMMar 3
to actor-framework
Our employees in Pakistan were able to get the Ping-Pong example to run. The speed was half that of the native program. Now we are investigating how to use multiple cores (one dedicated for rendering) and how efficient the messaging works. (We like to use it for a graphical application)