Facebook action vs Google Activities for Activity Streams Feeds ?

Filip Wenger

Dec 15, 2013, 1:39:26 PM12/15/13
to activity...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,
I am actually PhD Student and our approach use Activity Streams Specification in order to better Structure Data Streams, which we use.
Our goal is to optimize activities of people in frame of sustainable social practices.
We are trying yo find some Activity Streams data provider or Website, and it is not an easy Task (GNIP, ...).

In the same time, i developp a prototyp, which will manage Activities of User with Activity Stream Data Structure. So it is possible for People to see which are theirs Activities, impact of sustainability, Same activities near to them ...
At this point i tried to aggregate data feed from different sources and use Actor, Verb, Object Data to model a representation in x-dimension in Time and in Space of User's Activities.

My question :

Facebook offers the possibility to use "Facebook Action", where it is possible to define Verb and Object inside or not Custom Story. It is very convenient and would help us to get Activity Stream Data which are posted with this structure.

Google Activities :  https://developers.google.com/+/api/latest/activities
offers the same approach with Activity Stream Structure.
But it seems that it is not possible to custom action/verb with Google Activities.
Only two verbs at this point (no custom function found):

This activity's verb, which indicates the action that was performed. Possible values include, but are not limited to, the following values:
  • "post" - Publish content to the stream.
  • "share" - Reshare an activity.

As anyone experiences with these two tools to produce / manage Activity Stream Data ? Or any recommendation regarding other option/tool ?
Thank you in advance for any information.
Regards.
Filip