Actions and Online Presence

☮ elf Pavlik ☮

Nov 28, 2013, 2:16:48 PM11/28/13
to public...@w3.org, online-...@googlegroups.com, activity...@googlegroups.com, ma...@milstan.net
Aloha o/

/* I cc online-presence and activity-streams lists finding this relevant
to work happening in all of them */

Looking at Action subtree [1] I started thinking about *Online Presence*
and recalled OPO [2] Online Presence Ontology.

I find subtypes of opo:Action - opo:Listening, opo:Reading,
opo:WorkingOnProject super useful, for example all my friends could see
which online video podcast i watch at this very moment. They also might
map to schema:ReadAction, schema:ListenAction, schema:CreateAction

Serching archives of public-vocabs and activity-streams I don't find
that much discussions about *Online Presence*. I would happily create
proposal [4] for it so we can keep it in our minds while we tweek Action
subtree. I also cc Milan Stankovic coordinating OPO development.

Mahalo :)

[1] http://schema.org/docs/full.html
[2] http://online-presence.net/
[3]
https://github.com/activitystreams/activity-schema/blob/master/activity-schema.md
[4] http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/SchemaDotOrgProposals

Sam Goto

Dec 2, 2013, 2:24:03 PM12/2/13
to ☮ elf Pavlik ☮, Thor Mitchell, public...@w3.org, online-...@googlegroups.com, activity...@googlegroups.com, ma...@milstan.net
Yep, that sounds roughly in the realm of things that Actions should model.

Here is one product that we are working on (+thor, FYI) that is related to what you are describing:

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetua...@wwelves.org> wrote:
Aloha o/

/* I cc online-presence and activity-streams lists finding this relevant to work happening in all of them */

Looking at Action subtree [1] I started thinking about *Online Presence* and recalled OPO [2] Online Presence Ontology.

I find subtypes of opo:Action - opo:Listening, opo:Reading, opo:WorkingOnProject super useful, for example all my friends could see which online video podcast i watch at this very moment. They also might map to schema:ReadAction, schema:ListenAction, schema:CreateAction

Serching archives of public-vocabs and activity-streams I don't find that much discussions about *Online Presence*. I would happily create proposal [4] for it so we can keep it in our minds while we tweek Action subtree. I also cc Milan Stankovic coordinating OPO development.

Can you give a few more specific examples of actions you have in mind that would need to be added (as well as how they relate to the current tree)?