Activista Happy Hour: People's Climate March-- Tomorrow @ Mayday Bar and Community Space

Sharon Cromwell

Sep 17, 2014, 3:11:28 PM9/17/14
to activista-...@googlegroups.com, union_seme...@lists.riseup.net
Hi all,

For our September edition of ACTIVISTA come drink and hang with your fellow rabble-rousers at Mayday Space as we partner with the NYC Climate Convergence and the People's Climate March!
When: Tomorrow, Thursday, Sept. 18, 7pm - 1am
Where: Mayday Bar & Community Space, 214 Starr St. Bushwick, BK

>> Cheap drinks by donation & BYOB
>> Help with amazing art projects for the climate march
>> Tours of Mayday
>> Pick up fliers/posters for upcoming mobilizations
Check out the facebook invite here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1477431435860283/

 THIS MONTH'S PARTNERS:

NYC Climate Convergence:
*******************************...
September 19-21
ConvergeForClimate.org

Three days of climate movement building workshops, skill-shares and speak-outs taking place in the run-up to the People's Climate March. An opportunity to forge lasting structures and networks for a just and sustainable world.

People's Climate March:
****************************
September 21. Begins at 11:30 at Central Park West, between 59th and 86th streets.
http://peoplesclimate.org/

In September, world leaders are coming to New York City for a UN summit on the climate crisis. UN Secretary­ General Ban Ki-­moon is urging governments to support an ambitious global agreement to dramatically reduce global warming pollution.

With our future on the line and the whole world watching, we’ll take a stand to bend the course of history. We’ll take to the streets to demand the world we know is within our reach: a world with an economy that works for people and the planet; a world safe from the ravages of climate change; a world with good jobs, clean air and water, and healthy communities.

Mayday Bar & Community Space
214 Starr St. - Bushwick, Brooklyn
www.maydayspace.org

Mayday is a new multi-floor social justice organizing center in Bushwick that is hosting the arts production for the upcoming People's Climate March. Come check out the movement co-working/programming space, rooftop farm, and upcoming 1st floor bar/cafe/party space.

- Activista Happy Hour Crew