Activista Happy Hour - Tomorrow at Grassroots

Sharon Cromwell

Jan 14, 2015, 12:13:09 PM1/14/15
to activista-...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

I hope you're all excited for the first Activista Happy Hour of the new year!

When: Thursday, January 15th
Where: Grassroots Tavern, 20 Saint Marks Pl, NYC
When: 7:00PM until ...

Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1018675661481928/?ref=br_tf

We'll be partnering with the NYC Carwashero Campaign:

WASH New York is a joint campaign of Make the Road New York, New York Communities for Change, with the help of the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union, UFCW. These organizations are fighting for greater workplace justice, health and safety in New York City's car wash industry. Since the campaigns' launch workers have recovered millions in back wages, we have won 7 union contracts and 2 strikes. The carwasheros with the help of these 3 organizations, clergy and elected officials we have won basic rights every worker in New York City deserves. For more information visit www.washnewyork.org regularly and connect with the campaign on Tumblr, Twitter, and Facebook for the latest news, updates, and calls to action.

DONATE: https://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/6245/p/salsa/donation/common/public/?donate_page_KEY=9893

NEWS: Striking Carwasheros, Supporters Rally in Brooklyn, http://rwdsu.info/media--and--press/news--and--events/striking-carwasheros-supporters-rally-in-brooklyn

Hope to see you there!!

- Activista Happy Hour Crew