Next Activista Happy Hour: Thursday 6/20 @ 7pm

npalegre

Jun 14, 2013, 7:13:37 PM6/14/13
to activista-...@googlegroups.com
Monthly Activista Happy Hour
Thursday June 20th, 7pm - ??
Cherry Tree Bar
65 4th Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11217

Join your fellow activists from labor, community, environmental and other groups looking to make NYC a better place, for the monthly Activista Happy Hour!

And we're happy to announce our permanent co-hosts: the Movement Space Project!!

The Movement Space Project is excited to continue collaborating with Activista to host this monthly event - and to take it to the next level.

Starting next month, we plan to hold each happy hour in a different neighborhood, partnering with local organizations and groups to showcase their work and create a space where activists, organizers, community members, and allies from around the city can connect and unwind together. We're eager to find ways of ensuring that these partnerships are meaningful and productive, and we've come up with a few ideas we'd love to workshop with all of you. We look forward to seeing you on Thursday and hearing your thoughts about how we can collectively maximize the movement-building potential of these gatherings!

All of this speaks to the Movement Space Project's ultimate goal: to open a new organizing space and cultural center with dynamic programming that will inspire and build community among change-makers of all stripes, support existing organizations and groups, and contribute to the diversification, empowerment, maturation, and deepening of our movements.

Check out our website for more info! www.movementspaceproject.org