multi-tenancy with ETL

Oren Mazor

Dec 7, 2012, 1:03:50 PM12/7/12
to activewareh...@googlegroups.com
hey all,

I've gotten my data importing quite nicely now and its working great. I'd like to now add a layer of multi-tenancy on my data cube: my facts table contains a lot of data for a lot of users and I'd like to segment it on a userid.

I'm thinking of setting up schemas in postgres (where I store my cube). this would work for the querying, but not so much for the ETL, since I import using the COPY command.

The kneejerk solution would be to have some kind of post-import script that would take my facts table and partition it into the schemas, but I'm not a fan of the solution.

I feel like there must be a pattern for solving this nicely.

I would appreciate all thoughts here :)