etl process from the front end

Jayaram Sudheer

Sep 24, 2012, 2:21:48 AM9/24/12
to activewareh...@googlegroups.com
i want some help..i want to use the etl process from front end(that means i want to upload a file from my local system like csv file so that the data in the file has to store in the mysql database)...can you help me

thanks in advance

Thibaut Barrère

Sep 24, 2012, 2:56:07 AM9/24/12
to activewareh...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

quick reply from phone: unless your system has very few users/requests or the etl is very quick to process, you will have to look at something like resque or sidekik to run the etl in background as a job.

When the user uploads a csv, you will create a job that will later be processed by resque or similar, instead of being immediately processed.

Hope this helps!

-- Thibaut