Can anyone help me...

sk

Sep 27, 2012, 9:46:37 AM9/27/12
to activewareh...@googlegroups.com
thanks to providing this etl process.i go through all the process, it is really helpfull.At present i am importing data to the tables using the command

   "etl filename.ctl" from the command prompt.

But my requirement is to create a view page in that if any user uploading the csv or xml file and clicks on the upload then the data will be stores in the table.
can anyone help to do this.........

i am using ruby 1.8.7 and rails 2.3.8

Thanks in advance.....

Thibaut Barrère

Sep 27, 2012, 9:51:23 AM9/27/12
to activewareh...@googlegroups.com
Hello mysterious visitor,

But my requirement is to create a view page in that if any user uploading the csv or xml file and clicks on the upload then the data will be stores in the table.
can anyone help to do this.........

You will have to look at background jobs solutions like resque, sidekik or delayed_job for that.

Create a background job, then run the etl command from the job, for instance.

For more resources on that topic:

Thibaut