Documentation looks stalled

Jamie van Dyke

Oct 7, 2012, 3:36:45 PM10/7/12
to activewareh...@googlegroups.com
I was looking through the README (guide) and this group, and noticed that there's talk about using the docs branch as a documentation hub.  I like that idea, so I've forked and started putting what I learn in it.

I've issued a pull request for the beginning pieces but intend to fill it as I go.  I need to learn how to ETL from multiple source types into a database, as well as grab analytics that I can show in pretty graphs for the intelligence hungry CEO.  THese are what I'll focus on, with simple examples.

Just thought I'd introduce myself in this group before I crack on.  :)

Thibaut Barrère

Oct 7, 2012, 3:50:34 PM10/7/12
to activewareh...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jamie,

welcome onboard!

A quick reply to say *thanks* for carrying this out - up-to-date docs are much overdue and I'm fairly short on time right now to finalize that effort.

I'm pretty sure once we have a first version online, getting updates from more here will be easy!

I've been following you for a long time on the interweb so I have no doubt I can trust you - I just added you as a contributor on the github org in order to reduce friction as much as possible for your contributions.

thanks!

Thibaut

Jamie van Dyke

Oct 7, 2012, 9:11:42 PM10/7/12
to activewareh...@googlegroups.com
No problem, you've done a great job with the code, loved your Rulu talk too and that's what got me hooked.  The vagrant docs framework is a great start, that really helped when I started.

I agree, once I've started more will come, especially with the examples.

I've been following you for a long time on the interweb so I have no doubt I can trust you

Fantastic, github access and an internet stalker!  :-D  But seriously, thanks for the access, I'll put it to good use.  Looking forward to 'working' with you.

Thibaut Barrère

Oct 8, 2012, 5:45:30 AM10/8/12

Oh thanks :-) I'll make sure to link the talk once we have a proper docs site; we'll consolidate all the stuff on http://www.activewarehouse.info/.

Fantastic, github access and an internet stalker!  :-D  But seriously, thanks for the access, I'll put it to good use.  Looking forward to 'working' with you.

:p same for me! Please ping me anytime if you need help, I'll try to help as time permits.

Thibaut