subform for has many relation

Jan Hebler

Mar 10, 2020, 12:17:44 PM3/10/20
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails Gem
Hi

is it possible to edit an has_many relation with an subform? I imagine an subform which shows ALL objects, not only the related objects with an additional checkbox. The checkbox is true if the object is related and false otherwise. If i change the checkbox(es), the relations should be updated accordingly. Is that possible with AS and if it is, how? I need this beause i have 2 large tables which have this relation. And picking an record out of an 4000-lines Selectbox is not funny. With an subform i will get all the nice search options.

Thanks, Jan

Sergio Cambra

Mar 10, 2020, 5:34:22 PM3/10/20
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails Gem

Have you tried to set form_ui = :select in association column? Anyway, loading a form with so many options, select or checkboxes may be slow. For that case, I use record_select.