Rails App on Heroku + Postgres + DatabasedotcomGem; Multiple Db's/Associations etc... can't figure out solution. All help appreciated.

Bo

Jul 15, 2012, 5:12:33 AM7/15/12
to activesa...@googlegroups.com
  1. Rails app on Heroku, utilizing Postgres for majority of application
  2. Integrated Force.com app with custom objects "Request__c" --< "Issue__c".  Request__c has a lookup  association to User (standard object)
  3. Requirement is to be able to receive 'GET' all new "Request__c" and associated information from Force.com
  4. Allow edit 'UPDATE' to "Request__c" with appropriate data (those fields located in Force.com) as well as extended record fields exclusive to Postgres of Force.com
Ultimately the user would login - using omniauth at the moment - and be presented with all "Requests" assigned to them. Status updates and few other elements would be posted back to salesforce, utilizing built in logic for approval, routing etc..but only information germane to the Force.com piece of the app. I've tried - and failed - a number of time to get the data out of salesforce and successfully create/update the postgres record - and then post update back to salesforce.  The user piece is no issue, can't seem to figure out the other objects though --- I know I'm simply missing something simple, but I've tried databasedotcom, databasedotcom-rails, omniauth-salesforce, databasedotcom-oauth2, built small web service (a'la metadaddy) but to no avail.

Again, any and all help welcome.  Thanks!

Richard Vanhook

Jul 17, 2012, 9:01:50 AM7/17/12
to activesa...@googlegroups.com
Here's a Sinatra app I started that shows how to do DML with postgres (I actually used sqlite locally) via sequel.

Hope this helps.

chatter-poll.zip

Bo