Supporting the databasedotcom gem via CloudSpokes

Jeff Douglas

Jul 21, 2012, 11:52:11 AM7/21/12
to activesa...@googlegroups.com
We approached Heroku with the idea of maintaining the databasedotcom gem through the CloudSpokes community a couple of months ago. After several meetings with them we are ready to go and will be kicking off a number of development challenges in the next week or so. Appirio will be funding the prize money but the code will go back to the community. I think we are going to start with writing test coverage and documentation but will have many more challenges for bug hunts, additional functionality, etc. As you know, there is quite an issue list.

I will be posting update to this list but if you have any ideas on what needs to be done, please submit them hereWe would love to have you participate in these challenges and contribute so please check our databasedotcom page often or watch this RSS feed (they are both empty right now).

Thanks!

Jeff Douglas
google voice: (941) 227-4843
mobile: (941) 809-3455
email: je...@appirio.com
blog: http://blog.jeffdouglas.com

Appirio, Inc.
Accelerating On-Demand in the Enterprise
http://www.appirio.com

Raymond Gao (personal)

Jul 22, 2012, 12:59:29 PM7/22/12
to activesa...@googlegroups.com
Good idea. Can we start by compiling a list of use cases? And/or, what kind of applications people have built?  Let's add features based on how people are using it. Keep it lean and useful.

-Ray

Jeff Douglas

Raymond Gao (personal)

Jul 23, 2012, 10:53:52 AM7/23/12
to activesa...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jeff,

I have added a wiki page for Use Cases. This will be a good starting point to help get things going.

Cheers,

-Ray