Configure with url, username and password

CSMaggie

Nov 8, 2011, 2:24:39 PM11/8/11
to ActiveSalesforce
The databasedotcom configuration requires a client_id and
client_secret to connect to Salesforce and then authentication with
username/password which I've used successfully on my first salesforce
integration app.

However, I am working on updating an old app that used
activesalesforce to connect to SF with just url, username and
password. While I"m waiting to get access to the SF account to get the
client_id and secret (might take a while) I was hoping there was
someway I could configure the app using the databasedotgem with just
this login info.

Is this possible?

Danny Burkes

Nov 10, 2011, 1:13:50 AM11/10/11
to activesa...@googlegroups.com
I don't think so- databasedotcom uses the new Salesforce REST API, which requires OAuth authentication, thus the need for client id and secret.

- D