databasedotcom gem - how to traverse objects via relationships as in SOQL

Tingo

May 3, 2012, 4:33:10 PM5/3/12
to activesa...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I have been playing with the gem and come across at what seemed to be a small challenge :-)

- in SOQL you are able to traverse objects via the objects relationships in sfdc/dbdc:  i.e. [Select id, name, parent__r.id, parent__r.name, createddate From sObject Where createddate = 'today' ]

- Using the gem the query above should be (I thought :-) sObject.query('createddate = today').  However, the two fields parent__r.id and parent__r.name are not returned.  And, I am not sure how to specify that these two fields should be returned as sObject.query(_where) only takes the "where" expression.

Any ideas how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

David