Recommendations on server size for ActiveShipping

Bill Quinn

Nov 12, 2015, 9:54:43 AM11/12/15
to Active Merchant
Hello,

We would like to use ActiveShipping to calculate estimated delivery for a Shopify store.

It appears we need to implement an separate server to run ActiveShipping.

Would anyone have suggestions for a hosting company? (Heroku, Amazon EC2, Azure)

Would anyone have suggestions on the size instance?

Thank you for any input.

Sincerely,

Bill

Jordan L

Mar 29, 2016, 8:51:43 AM3/29/16
to Active Merchant
Hey Bill.

You can probably use carrierService API for this, no need to create "activeshipping" implementation, as I believe that would require integration on Shopify's end to get it working.

With that said, I've implemented my carrierService using AWS Lambda using node-serverless. It's fairly straight forward. I personally use 128mb Lambda endpoints, which is enough memory for my needs.