User authentication failed: Recurring Billing

Brandon Keepers

May 24, 2007, 1:57:25 PM5/24/07
to activem...@googlegroups.com
I'm in the process of switching from Payments Pro to the Payflow
edition, and I am getting a failure any time I try to do recurring
payments. Doing a simple authorize/capture or purchase works fine,
but whenever I do a recurring payment, I get:

User authentication failed: Recurring Billing

Page 76 of the developers guide says the following about the "User
authentication failed" error:

Error is caused by one or more of the following:
* Invalid Processor information entered. Contact merchant bank to
verify.
* "Allowed IP Address" security feature implemented. The transaction
is coming from an unknown IP address. See PayPal Manager online help
for details on how to use Manager to update the allowed IP addresses.
* You are using a test (not active) account to submit a transaction
to the live PayPal servers. Change the URL from test-
payflow.verisign.com to payflow.verisign.com.

I assume since I can do regular payments, it's not #1 or #2, and I'm
not running AM in test mode. My paypal account was "upgraded to a
Payments Pro 2.0" account, according to the tech on the phone.

I'm guessing this is a paypal issue, but I thought I would check here
first in case anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,
Brandon

PGP.sig

Cody Fauser

May 24, 2007, 2:06:40 PM5/24/07
to activem...@googlegroups.com
Brandon,

Are you already subscribed to recurring billing with PayPal? From my
experience you must already be signed up for the recurring billing
feature in order to test it.

--
Cody Fauser
http://shopify.com - e-commerce done right

Brandon Keepers

May 24, 2007, 2:34:34 PM5/24/07

On May 24, 2007, at 2:06 PM, Cody Fauser wrote:

> Are you already subscribed to recurring billing with PayPal? From my
> experience you must already be signed up for the recurring billing
> feature in order to test it.

That was my problem. I thought I signed up for recurring billing
when I created the Paypal Manager account, but I guess I didn't.

Thanks,
Brandon

Vipin

Oct 15, 2016, 1:40:53 PM10/15/16
to Active Merchant, bkee...@gmail.com
Hi, can you please tell how can I signup for the recurring billing ?