active_merchant on heroku

Guy Eli

Aug 20, 2017, 4:43:11 PM8/20/17
to Active Merchant
hi experts,

I am using active_merchant on heroku servers.
the payment gateway uses mask_ip feature for security reason.
this way you have to make transactions only from the single IP you configured on the payment gateway website.

Problem is that heroku do https requests to the paymentgateway through heroku's dynos, which is the heroku server architecture, and so, I dont have a uniqe IP to configure on my payment server.

I have searched for some proxy solutions (e.g. proximo) which function as a proxy server to your dynos which is a good solution for me to get a dedicated IP.

All I have left actually is to make the active merchant gem use the NET::HTTP with a proxy.

Just not sure if there is a support for this.

Please advice :)

Hassan Schroeder

Aug 20, 2017, 5:18:22 PM8/20/17
to activem...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 1:43 PM, Guy Eli <geli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> All I have left actually is to make the active merchant gem use the
> NET::HTTP with a proxy.
>
> Just not sure if there is a support for this.
>
> Please advice :)

My advice is to read the documentation 😀

http://www.rubydoc.info/gems/activemerchant/1.60.0/ActiveMerchant/Connection

I haven't used this gem but that's where I'd start...

Good luck,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
twitter: @hassan