SmartPost rates not appearing: How to troubleshoot?

Brian Christian

Sep 25, 2015, 4:49:59 PM9/25/15
to Active Merchant
Our team has used the active_shipping Rails gem for many years now and we are quite happy with it overall.

This week we are looking at adding FedEx SmartPost, and I see that despite it having been added to active_shipping back in 2013 in https://github.com/Shopify/active_shipping/pull/96, I do not see any SmartPost rates being returned when I query for FedEx rates.

I'm at a bit of a loss to determine what would make SmartPost rates show up or not show up in the hash being returned from querying FedEx. How would I go about troubleshooting this?

Thank you immensely for any leads or ideas here.

Brian C.

Hassan Schroeder

Sep 25, 2015, 6:01:31 PM9/25/15
to activem...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 12:57 PM, Brian Christian
<brian.c...@mcsweeneys.net> wrote:

> I'm at a bit of a loss to determine what would make SmartPost rates show up
> or not show up in the hash being returned from querying FedEx. How would I
> go about troubleshooting this?

Create the simplest possible test case that demonstrates the issue,
including expected result and actual result.

If going through that exercise doesn't expose the problem, include
pointers to the relevant documentation for the gem and the FedEx
api in question and post a link to the test repo.

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder