Stored Procedures

bryan p

Feb 10, 2015, 5:29:49 PM2/10/15
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
So, according to the following post there is no support for stored procedures within AJ:

I'm wondering if anything has been added to support this since then or if it's even something that would be considered.  It seems like
a pretty useful part of a db to support as it is used pretty widely.

Igor Polevoy

Feb 10, 2015, 5:39:28 PM2/10/15
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
Bryan, this is correct. No support for stored procs have been  implemented since then. ActiveJDBC is an ORM, where each model is mapped to a row from a table.
Since stored procedures do not follow the same convention, there is no way to somehow relate them to models.
If you have a better idea, please propose

tx

bryan p

Feb 11, 2015, 4:04:29 PM2/11/15
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
I might look into it as we would like to use SPs on our project.  Otherwise I might just create a class to handle stored procedures via:

Connection connection = Base.connection();
CallableStatement cs = cnxn.prepareCall(...);

Not sure if it will be a good solution mixing this approach with using the Models as the db interface though.  I wonder if anyone on here has implemented SPs with
this project?

Igor Polevoy

Feb 12, 2015, 12:03:18 AM2/12/15
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
we have, but simply using approach above