Jobs @ Duolingo AI Research

Burr Settles

Oct 25, 2018, 2:52:11 PM10/25/18
to Active Learning (Machine Learning)
Hi all,

Duolingo is growing our Research Lab in Pittsburgh!

You can learn more about some of our research initiatives here: https://ai.duolingo.com

At Duolingo, we are transforming the way people learn. We have revolutionized language learning for more than 300 million people around the world, and we are looking for talented people with creative, interdisciplinary ideas to help us deliver high-quality education tools to anyone, anywhere, through technology.

You will use your background in AI and machine learning to invent the intelligent, personalized, adaptive technologies that will define the future of education. In many cases, this means identifying entirely new research problems, or synthesizing work that spans several fields. You will identify opportunities to improve existing systems — or reinvent them completely — using techniques in deep learning, natural language processing, graphical models, reinforcement learning, computer vision, and so on.

Do you dream of using your research skills to impact the lives of millions? Are you eager to make practical use of giant, diverse, natural data sets? Are you passionate about creating transformative technologies, and then sharing them with the world through both products and publications? Then you should apply to join us, and take on these exciting challenges!

SENIOR RESEARCH SCIENTIST
Take on important and challenging research problems with massive real-world data sets.

MACHINE LEARNING ENGINEER (NLP)
Develop natural language technologies that are used by millions every day.

ML RESEARCH INTERN (NLP)
Spend the summer applying ML research methods to products used by millions.

If you are interested in any of the positions above, please apply!

Cheers,
Burr Settles

[Apologies for cross-postings!]