missing lib directory

Eric James

Mar 21, 2010, 1:46:45 PM3/21/10
to active...@googlegroups.com
When I try to install active-fedora on my windows XP machine:

gem install active-fedora

It says it's successfully installed, but also says "File not found: lib"

When I go to the actual directory where the gem resides:

C:\Ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\active-fedora-1.0.9

There is a readme file and nothing else, unlike the other gems that have lib and test folders,etc.

How do I install the complete gem?

Thanks,
Eric

Matthew Zumwalt

Mar 21, 2010, 1:59:17 PM3/21/10
to active...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

I think I made a mistake bundling the latest gem.  I will look into it this afternoon and notify the list when the fixed gem is up on gemcutter.

Matt Zumwalt
MediaShelf, LLC

Matthew Zumwalt

Mar 21, 2010, 2:39:54 PM3/21/10
to active...@googlegroups.com
Hi again Eric,

Try updating active-fedora now.  It should install version 1.1.0 and all of the actual active-fedora code should be installed this time.

You might still run into Windows-specific troubles.  Please tell me if you do, as I don't have a windows machine to test on.

Matt Zumwalt
MediaShelf, LLC

On Mar 21, 2010, at 12:46 PM, Eric James wrote:

Eric James

Mar 22, 2010, 12:39:23 PM3/22/10
to active...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Matt, I have the gem installed, and it seems to be working.

Now I have a million questions about the API, but for now here are two.

Question: I created the cm model as in the documentation, and it works:

class

OralHistory < ActiveFedora::Base

has_relationship

"parts", :is_part_of, :inbound => true

has_metadata

:name => "dublin_core", :type => ActiveFedora::QualifiedDublinCoreDatastream do |m|

# With QualifiedDublinCoreDatastreams, you only have to declare variations from the standard set of DCMI Terms. The rest are automatically included.

m.field

"subject_heading", :string, :xml_node => "subject", :encoding => "LCSH"

end

has_metadata

:name => "properties", :type => ActiveFedora::MetadataDatastream do |m|

# For metadata that doesn't fit elsewhere, you can create simple xml documents.

m.field

"my_metadata_field", :string

end

en

oh = OralHistory.new

=> ....

But if I create a new cm model, same contents different name and try to invoke it I get:

class

TestPidObjectCM < ActiveFedora::Base

has_relationship

"parts", :is_part_of, :inbound => true

has_metadata

:name => "dublin_core", :type => ActiveFedora::QualifiedDublinCoreDatastream do |m|

# With QualifiedDublinCoreDatastreams, you only have to declare variations from the standard set of DCMI Terms. The rest are automatically included.

m.field

"subject_heading", :string, :xml_node => "subject", :encoding => "LCSH"

end

has_metadata

:name => "properties", :type => ActiveFedora::MetadataDatastream do |m|

# For metadata that doesn't fit elsewhere, you can create simple xml documents.

m.field

"my_metadata_field", :string

end

end

pto = TestPidObjectCM.new

NameError: uninitialized constant TestPidObjectCM

from

C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:443
:in `load_missing_constant'

from

C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:80:in `const_missing'

from

C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:92:in `const_missing' from (irb):6

Shouldn't pto behave like oh?

Question 2:  How do you define what get's indexed in solr?

Thanks,
Eric

From: matt.z...@yourmediashelf.com
Subject: Re: missing lib directory