Is ActiveFedora supported on Windows?

hsmith

Dec 13, 2010, 5:05:50 PM12/13/10
to ActiveFedora / Ruby + Fedora Commons
I asked an earlier question a few months ago regarding the install
instructions posted in 2009 for ActiveFedora on Windows. I was not
able to install following these instructions, is a Windows install
supported? It seems not, i'd just like some verification before I
spend any more time considering this a possible wrapper to Fedora.

thanks

Matthew Zumwalt

Dec 14, 2010, 12:34:27 PM12/14/10
to active...@googlegroups.com
Hi Harry,

As far as I know, yes you can use ActiveFedora on Windows.  We don't actively test on Windows so the occasional Windows-specific bug might creep into the code without us knowing about it.  If anyone does catch any Windows bugs, we will be happy to repair them or accept patches.

Simon Lamb at Unviersity of Hull provided instructions for running Hydrangea (which requires active-fedora) on Windows.  Here's the original email: http://groups.google.com/group/hydra-tech/browse_thread/thread/2cf60e57167a02e7/e0705981664eba9d?lnk=gst&q=windows#e0705981664eba9d

It seems that all of the issues he ran into were for libraries other than active-fedora, so I'd say you're good to go.

Matt Zumwalt
MediaShelf, LLC

hsmith

Dec 15, 2010, 1:42:45 PM12/15/10
to ActiveFedora / Ruby + Fedora Commons
Excellent, thank you for the reply. I will give it another go with
after digesting the links below and report my progress -- thank you
for your work on this project.