Week 63 Actions

Actions for Americans

Feb 11, 2018, 10:45:12 PM2/11/18
to Actions for Americans
Hi all!

Well, Congress passed a budget deal, but they didn't come through for Dreamers. We need them to do better. Keep the pressure on your MoCs to hold them accountable!

1.    We could see an immigration bill on the floor as early as next week. Call your Senators starting Monday and tell them we need relief for Dreamers but they should not be used as a bargaining chip. Here’s a script to get you started.

2.    Trump’s infrastructure plan (scammmmmm) lands Monday and Republicans hope that passing it will ensure they keep the House this November. Use our latest toolkit to stop Trump’s highway robbery, plan your #TrumpTolls event, and register it on our map.

3.    Recess is February 17-25. Get prepared with the latest policy priorities, town hall questions, (Not So) Empty Chair Town Hall Planning Guide, find a town hall near you, and more at recess.indivisible.org.

4.    GOTV in Pennsylvania's 18th. Pennsylvania's special congressional election is March 13th. Help them elect Democrat Conor Lamb and get us closer to flipping the House. Sign up here to help: bit.ly/FlipThe18th

5.    Call your MoCs to support bills that block Trump's military parade. Senator Ben Cardin and Representative Brad Schneider have both introduced bills to put a stop to Trump's proposed Military parade. Use WallofUs' short script and read more about why the legislators opposed the parade.

That's it for this week. For our Texans, keep an eye on what's happening to Texas public schools. After losing funding over the years, the Texas Education Association is trying to close, and has closed, several schools. We'll have more on this action next week, but in the mean time, call your school board and let them know that closing schools is bad for students and bad for communities. Public education is the bedrock of this country, and we need to protect access to quality public education with everything we've got.

Keep up the great work! Much love,
Marieke
@actionsUSA