socket app

tiberius.alex...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2013, 11:36:14 AM8/1/13
to action...@googlegroups.com
I checked actionHero docs, and discovered that it supports web and plain sockets clients. I'm building a c++ client app that needs to:

1. connect to socket host:5000
2. authenticate
3. send commands
4. receive commands

As far as i discovered in this framework, I can make a middleware for authentication even for sockets.
My application also contains a web server, and in some cases I need to communicate to specific socket client.
I'm wondering, how can i communicate with each client based on authentication credentials (I saw there is a connection.sendMessage(message, type) method, is ok to use it?!)
And also i want to disable public chat room.

Thanks,

Evan Tahler

Aug 1, 2013, 9:28:23 PM8/1/13
to action...@googlegroups.com, tiberius.alex...@gmail.com
You can send messages to specific clients with connection.sendMessage if you want, sure!  Just remember to send JSON and not raw strings.

Unfortunately, the 'public' chat room is a requirement right now, as every client *must* be in a room from the moment they connect, so we need somewhere for them to land.  You can quickly move your clients to anther room.  You can also write a task to disconnect clients that don't move out of the room within a few seconds.