AH, Windows, & IISnode?

Caleb Olin

Apr 22, 2014, 5:00:47 PM4/22/14
to action...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Has anyone used AH on IIS with the IISNode module? My app works as a standalone, and I can configure IIS to serve up a helloworld node app...but I can't get it to run an AH app. Since AH doesn't have an entry point like "app.js" I'm not sure where to point IIS.

To run a generic, hello world node app I'd configure Web.config like so:

<location path="nodestuff">
    <system.webServer>
      <handlers>
        <add name="iisnode" path="*.js" verb="*" modules="iisnode" />
      </handlers>
      // etc

Then any request to /nodestuff/*.js will be handled by the iisnode module. So /nodestuff/app.js will run app.js as a node app.

Since AH has no entry point, where should I point requests?

Evan Tahler

Apr 22, 2014, 5:24:00 PM4/22/14
to Caleb Olin, action...@googlegroups.com
I don’t use windows, but reach out to the folks in this PR https://github.com/evantahler/actionhero/pull/360, perhaps they can help out.  If you can write up a guide, I’m happy to add it to the wiki.